People can now order microfilm directly from FamilySearch (Latter Day Saints) for viewing here at KHCPL. The patron will order the film they want, pay for it by PayPal or credit card and it will be sent here to us at the library. The patron will come in to view the microfilm and we will send the microfilm back for them (there is no charge for shipping the film back).
1. Go to https://www.familysearch.org/films/ and sign into FamilySearch using the Sign In link located in the top right corner of the screen. If you do not have an account, clicking the Sign In link will help you register.
2. Locate the microfilm number(s) you want to order from the Family History Library Catalog located on http://www.familysearch.org/ . Note: Before ordering any film, check to see if the Family History Library Catalog has a digital copy available online for free viewing.
3. Select your loan type, enter the microfilm number, and click Search. Repeat this step for each additional item.
4. Select the library for the microfilm to be shipped to (Kokomo-Howard County Public Library).
5. Click on Shopping Cart to pay and follow instructions.
For more information, call 765-626-0839 or visit our website at www.KHCPL.org/glhs.